From:
Nancy Mendiburu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:17:54 -0800
Hi everybody,
I wrote to you because my little Winter that has insulinoma was
fighting us when we fed her, she has been hand feed for the last 2
years and we thought she was trying to tell us to let her go. I
received wonderful information from Zoos and was told about carafate
and how ferrets with insulinoma develop ulcers and is very painful to
eat, she also told me that over the counter I could buy Pepcid AC, 10
mg. crush one tablet & add 10 cc. of water and shake well. Draw 0.3cc's
and carefully squeezze it into the corner of her mouth between the gum
and the cheek , be careful the ferret does not inhale it. I took Winter
to the vet with this information, and she prescribed the carafate along
with amoxil

I could see the diference inmediatly , Winter did not fight when fed,
Zoos also told me that carafate can be used for ferrets that have
been malnorished and that it thickens the stool when is runny, it is
something that all ferret owners should have in their pantry, it has
to be kept in a dark place. I was ready to put Winter to sleep because
I did not wanted to see her suffer but thanks to Zoos and her great
advice Winter iss getting better. So if you have a little one like
mine there is hope out there. Don't give up.