From:
John Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 02:08:07 -0400
My girl Nikita appears to me to be very depressed lately.

She's about 8 years old and an only ferret, so she depends on me for
entertainment (I tried to get her a playmate a while back, but she was very
upset and developed an ulcer).  I'm beginning to worry now because she
doesn't appear to be very interested in anything - not even being held and
stroked.  She just plops on the floor and squints.  I don't know what's
brought this on.  It's been a gradual change in behavior over the last few
months.

Nikita was to the vet (Dr. Kupersmith in NJ) just a couple of weeks ago and
got a clean bill of health.  She does have an insulinoma, but we have that
well under control.  She is eating, drinking and pooping normally.  I
suppose this could be an age thing, but I don't want to assume that --
I'd rather be pro-active and try to get her playing again.  Does anyone
have any ideas for games to play with a mopey ferret?

Please email me or post any ideas you have.

John