From:
christine herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:01:23 -0800
hello.  I joined the list about 2 months or so ago.  I seemed to have
missed the discusion about the ""ZOO"..Could someone explain to me who is
hoarding ferrets, why they are not adobtable/ where this is going on and
why?  I have worked rescue for years and I PERSONALLY find I cannot do
justice to more than 10 ferrets at a time in my home.But that is ME.  I
know others who have help ( I do not , I am a single mother) and they
handle much more .  Everyone has a different situation.  But why would
someone collect ferrets and refuse to adopt them to loving forever homes?
Why would someone warehouse ferrets?  It is hard to say good bye to them,
that;'s true.  but there is a limit.  I have had several fuzzbutts in
the past few years who would DEFINITLY not make a ""good pet" for most
people,They were either suffering chronic illness, or had been so
mistreated in the past they were not what you could call social. etc. etc.

But many were able to go to homes that were ferret savy and the people
were willing to take on the challange of a biter or elderly/ill ferret.

I do not want to take up any more space on this with the list or get
anyone riled up so you can mail me at my address.

Thanks,
Christine