Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 05:02:37 -0400
>From:    Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: mice
>just in case you hadn't thought about what happens to mice in glue traps,
>they don't die, they get stuck.  Then people throw them in the trash--
>alive.  It's a slow and extemely painful way to die, not something any
>living creature deserves.

It's just not something I can imagine anyone doing, because its something
that would never even enter my mind..  That really is disgusting.  I must
say, I'm somewhat surprised that sort of thing is allowed.  Is it commonly
used?

As for mice... From what I've read on the list, a lot of peoples ferrets
aren't interested in mice... How long have ferrets been bred for pets in
america?  It seems that they have less of a hunting instinct, in general,
that british or recent british decent ferrets, which would come from the
fact, I suppose, ferrets are still widely used for hunting in Britain.
My two (NZ) will chase anything that moves..  I remember once, at the vet,
I turned around to see Dexter

about to attack someones full grown (admittedly somewhat old) german
shepard!  I quickly picked him up (he was on a leash) while the dog looked
on, somewhat bemused, and Dexter not impressed with me :)

Even so, I wonder that the same animal that will chase a ball, pounce on
fingers and wrestle with his playmates would have no or little reaction to
a mouse, let alone not kill it.

- Reet