From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:47:45 -0700
We received two ferret's recently.  We always quarantine them for a week.
Meaning keeping everything separate from our ferret's.  Well, into the
fourth day one got sick.  Into the second day the other got sick.  Thank
God for Quarantining.  These ferret's were at one person's home the day
before ours.  One had dark green/diahrea/mucousy poop.  The other had
yellow poop.  One got so sick with a 104.9 fever we had to take her in.
Keep in mind we were force feeding duck soup and water every two hours.
Because the person who had them for one day and none of our three were
sick, the ferret's had a bacteria infection and not a viral infection.
After a few days of hardly any sleep they are doing alot better.  If we
would have put them together at first all three of ours would have been
sick per the vet.  I'm Thankful everyone is fine now... Please if you get
new ferret's, quarantine them for a week.

Debbie in the 5 fuzzbutts