From:
Mattias Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:27:20 +0200
>From: Thor Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Time outs
>Here is what bothers me, i know that some people find it useful sometimes
>and i wont argue with that, what i do feel is wrong, is using a sick cage,
>or a carrier or a cage that is used on other occassions, because as you
>are doing that you are giving the ferret the wrong idea.  The cage,
>carrier or sick cage is not meant to be a place for punishment...
>
>We should make their cages comfortable and safe, a happy place where they
>receive cuddles and a treat, not for punishment.

Hi.

I have to say that I couldn't agree more.

The carrier/cage/other things used should be a safe spot, not a behavior
correctional institute.  I use the upside down laundry basket here, and
it works great.  I'm just afraid of the coming attraction of
laundry-basket-roll-over-competition.  Some day I know that Simba will
figure it out.

/Mattias

Mattias Lindstrom
(=C5)bylundsvegen 241
SE-137 32 Vesterhaninge
Tel: +46-8-50 02 02 10, +46-70-625 40 93
Fax: +46-706 10 40 50
http://come.to/reptilen fer reptilinformation
http://go.to/familjehem fer information om familjehem
http://www.egroups.com/group/kameleonter fer information om kameleonter