From:
Claire C <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:58:14 -0500
On Dec 6, 2007, at 2:00 AM, Susie Lee wrote:

>...We could NOT make it if we had to rent a dumpster service. I called
>two of these services in our area, and got estimates of 600.00 and
>800.00 for having the dumpster on the property and *then* there were
>extra fees if it had to be changed-emptied and replaced..

I was only familiar with one-shot construction dumpsters, which have
prices like that.

But then I found that WM (Waste Management, which is nationwide) will
rent individuals a permanant dumpster. You don't have to be a business.
I have a 4 cubic yard dumpster which costs about $50 a month. There
are larger and smaller ones, and the cost also varies with how often
it is emptied. It requires a two-year contract, but you can change the
dumpster size and how often it gets emptied. You can also call for an
extra pickup when needed.

I imagine if you mostly have ferret litter, you would the dumpster
emptied at least once a week, but could probably get away with a much
smaller dumpster than 4 cy. They have them down to xx-large plastic
garbage can size. Hope this helps. There's no reason to pay
construction-dumpster prices.

-Claire