From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 14:21:55 -0500
>Instead of things that interest others, I can post things that amuse me.
>After all that's what really counts.

This is for Rudy the ferlosopher (Post you ferret missles story again one
day for the newcomers)...

Strange sound coming from the 'feeding' area last evening.  I started
watching Chipper _drink_ from her water bowl (standard plastic cat dish
with food & water combo).  As she stood, she put her front paws ON it while
drinking, then the strange sound I heard was her *splashing* the water.  I
decided to get a closer look.  It seems she was _stirring_ the water around
with her paw and then slurp some up, repeat 3-4 more times.  No, I did not
have a chance yet for the daily water change - is that why she is stirring
up the water?

Also, I mistakenly began letting The Girls (my other female, Gina) help me
drink my 2 daily a.m.  glasses of water.  (What spoiled ferrets?).  Gina
now _waits_ for me in the kitchen at all times of the day or when she's
thirsty so she can have a drink of water.  Of course, I accommodate her
(tipping the large glass of water towards her), and watch her dainty little
self lap.  Now here scuttles along Chipper wanting some water too.  While
Gina's head is in the cup, Chipper puts her *paws* in, nudges Gina outta
the way to drink from the *bottom* of the cup.  For a fuzzy who doesn't
like to bathe - Chipper gets water down her neck and face, then pulls her
head & paws out and gives herself a good shake.  I love 'em.  Dook!