From:
Penny Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 23:25:44 -0500
Hello Everyone!
Yes, it's true, we have a new-comer to our house!  I was over at Starfire's
Ferrets picking up something, and I just had to look at the five new members
that had been rescued from NYC.  They were all so cute, all healthy, and
although I've always wanted a panda,(and they do have the nicest panda
there), I ended up bringing the sweetest albino male home!  He's not even a
year old yet, and weighing in close to 4 lbs!  He's a chunker!  He
immediately fit in with all the guys here, including the dogs and cats.  I
think he's got the dogs afraid of him, they've never seen a ferret this
large before!

I need some ideas for names.  Starfire's Ferrets had named him Dasher, (all
5 rescues were named reindeer names).  I'd like to rename him.  He's big,
but very gentle.  In fact, my baby Bobby Ray has gotten quite attached!  The
baby will grab the big boy by the scruff of his neck, and start riding him
around the room until he falls off!  It's really cute!

And responding to Jean's post on multi pet households:
Yes, I too have trouble with the animals eating/preferring each others
foods!  The cats try to get into the ferret cage for their food, the dogs
love the cat food, and I'm not sure who's eating the dog food!  As many
times as I correct the dogs for eating cat food, it's sure not them!

I look forward to name ideas!

Penny
Parker <Hey, I'm sleeping on the top floor with sis, that other guy might
roll over and squish me during the night>
Sabrina<I'm coming with you....>
Bobby Ray<Thanks Mom for the new playmate! I'll sleep in the blankets with
him>
Tubo the Albino, still nameless<I like this little guy, but don't think I'm
riding him around on my back when he grows up....>