From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 01:37:15 -0400
>From:    Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Planned Ferrethood Show
>
>We have seen a lot of posting about ADV and our ADV policy in particular
>on this list the past few days.  We had attempted to reply to Bill K's
>post about our show but it was moderated and did not go through.  [...]
>Bill K is turning this into a private problem with us and we are not
>interested in cluttering up our time with his accusations

Neither of us, (Diane nor Bill) has made any accusations against either of
you.  PLEASE don't turn "our posts" into "Bill's posts".  Our posts have
dealt with thespecific issue brought up by one of yours as to why people
were not flocking to your show.  It was not an attack on either of you
personally.

>We realize that we are doingsomething new here and that it may not be
>popular with everyone but this policy is the right and responsible thing
>to do.

That would be just an opinion.  And not one shared by some of the
veterinarians we've spoken to.  We think some level of testing ferrets
that go to shows is a good thing.  We think your declared policy is not
the right approach.  Seems many even on your mail list felt the same way.

>We are not political people, nor was this meant to be a political
>statement.

Yes you are both political.  You have said lots of nasty things about lots
of people including us and our friends.

We are just two shelter directors that do not go with the politically
correct pronouncements of some organization when it goes against the
recommendations of those veterinarians and scientists that have made
statements.

>If there are people out there who have a personal issue with us throwing
>this show it has not been brought to our attention (other than by BK)

Perhaps you should actually pay attention to what we say, not what you are
told to think about what we say.  It is not a question of your "throwing
the show".

>When those who attack an idea begin to loose the battle they tend to
>attack instead the bearer of that idea.

We did not go personal.  It started personal from your camp.  The very
first post on the topic was accusatory.

>From:    Mary McCarty - Houser <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ADV response
>The only negative feedback the show committee has received is in regard
>to the ADV policy.  So while you may feel it's not a popular show, other
>people obviously do not share that feeling, as told by the number of
>entries they have received.

That doesn't match everything else we have heard.  Even from within the
Westmoreland group.

>This discussion is about ADV testing policies in regard to shows, not
>personal conflicts, so please let's leave it at that.

No.  The discussion was started as an accusation by one of those involved
with the show that the registrations were light because people were upset
with the ADV testing policy.  She was the one who brought up problems with
the show's popularity.  It started as a personal attack from the group
holding the show.  We stated that the problems with attendance were not
just because of the ADV policies.  We tried to turn it away from a personal
us against them to a discussion of why some shows work and others don't.

We tried to leave it at that but instread it turned into more of a "support
Planned Ferrethood's show are you are spreading Aleutians".  That is not at
all the case.

Our shelter actually fully tested for Aleutians before those in the PFRA.
Our shelter has not had a ferret in it that tested positive ever.  Nor has
our household in general.  If it had we wouldn't lie about it like some.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets