From:
Karen Rochette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:35:12 EDT
Hi from the Ma. Wrecking Crew,
In our our Buisness we are owned by 10 furry mischief making bandit
sprites.  first let me say we adore and love All 10 of our Bandits,but to
be Honest about we do seem to favor a few over the others,although we love
play,cuddle and adore All of the Wrecking Crew!

I think I tend to favor my Little Princess Neesa,and her Darker syb. twin
Chips,with Mom's wired Weasel guy,whom we call the kid,but is actually
names Smokey.  While she favors The Kid,her Beloved sweet Lady Gretta,and
her little Sweet-heart Shadow.

I think we favor these cause first when I got Neesa she was approximately
2-3wks.  old,barely able to eat,she was still trying to suckle,using me as
her surrogate Mom.  She fit so perfectly into the palm of my hand,and she
was so,ooo sweet and trusting right from day one,she Loved to cuddle into
my old red work-shirt,or jacket,in fact she still does.

While Chips was the awkward independant sort.  he has the bull-dog type of
body,and uses it to perfect cunning to beg his way into getting whatever he
Really wants.

Now Lady Gretta was an adoptee from Mom Jo's Luv of Ferrets Shelter.  She
is a petite beatifull dark sable 21/2 yr.  old.who thinks she is still
6months old.  She's gentle,affectionate,and only nips when she thinks she's
Not getting enough attention.  She was on a different feed when we first
brought her home,so we gradually switched her over to the feed mixture we
give the Twins.  To help her feel more relaxed mom starting hand-feeding
her in the beginning,and right from the start she seemed to take to Mom.

Now The Kid is oh,so Bold and Brassy;he fits the description of the Totally
Wired weasel to a T.  His motto is : why walk when you can run,and why
sleep when you can PLAY,PLAY to you drop!

We got him from a local pet store and he was so hyper we couldn't handle
him for more than half-a second.

But he was a gorgeaus silver mit,he was the 6month old kit when we brought
him home,and yes he was a M F kit.  We worked with him though,and cleaned
him up,now he plays as rough as we do,then the instant we pick him up,he
calms right down,gives us Full face washes,and stretches out in our arms.

He's Still very,very active,loves to play,with anything,and anyone!  In
fact these days he's the most mischievous of our lot,except for perhaps the
Little Princess,who keeps her pranks mostly to sneaking out of the ferret
room,and stealing My coffee!

Shadow now,was a rescuee;another little petite girl;she's a chocolate
sable.  When she came to us with 3 kits;she was half-starved to death!
She was so,oo weak,when she stood in place she would rock back and ,her
little legs trembling under the strain of carrying her weight!

She was also fed crushed tottally ferret,mixed with warm water;Every 4hrs.!
In those early days,we could get her to eat only a tsp. at a time.  Of
course we also fed her a half teaspoon of duck soup 3 times daily!

We didn't think you would make it,but she responded well to the hand
feeding!  She tops the scale now,at almost 2pounds!  She's a gorgeaous
black and white chocolate!  Her markings are Very Distinctinve with the
obvious black legs,tail,and mask,with the lighter sable body,so light,it
looks white!  She was forced to fight for the food,water,and bed space
Before she came to us,so she was a heavy hard nipper when she came to our
Buisness.  Now she only lightly nips when we play rough with her and she
gets Very,Very Excited.  We have other rescuees in our Buisness we had to
work with and required Special handling,but these 5 have Become our favs.

As for the Bonding question,we think most have ours have and these 5
Especially!  When we look in their eyes,Smokey,Lady Gretta,Shadow's have a
Special gleam there,just for Mom.  Their more perky,they follow her around
Every where,and Smokey and Shadow latch onto her legs from the time she
comes into the room,to the time she goes out!  When she sits opn the floor
to romp with the Gang,their the first to come over ant attach themselves
to her.  Now when I come home from work,the twin's heads snap up,if their
out,they run to the door ans jump up on it,trying to reach the top of the
barrier,their eyes all shinny and glintin with unsurpassed Joy!  When I
go into the room Chips starts dancing,hopping ,and dooking me!  Then he
latches onto my legs with his front paws,his ears twitching from side to
side!

And Neesa,she's Never so Formal with me!  She comes over,climbs into my
lab,gives me the all around face wash,then follows me all around the room
until I leave them!  She always keeps me in site,and is there,on the box
watching me,curled up around my feet,or digging into my slippers,she's like
a second shadow!

The rest of our gang all comes over to greet us,but their quick visits,even
when we play with them and their more Reserved.

The rest of our Wrecking Crew is Cinnamon and Spice,both sables,Rama,also a
light sable whom we call Cubby because he looks like a small light-colored
teddy bear.  Kimba another light colored sable with white socks,and
lightening an albino with pink eyes.  These guys come to us to play,when
one,or more of the others is getting a little to rough for their tastes in
their play,or to investigate what we have and for the quick pet,but that's
all really,oh,and they come for their daily hand feeding.  But they seem
to have bonded with each other,os another ferret over us humans,while the
first 5 I mentioned have clearly bonded to either me,or Mom.  A couple
so,oo much so,that i can't brush them without getting bit,whiole mom
can,and in her case,she can't brush chips without him biting her hard
enough he drasw blood!

But still we love each and every one of them.

So long for now from the Ma. Wrecking Crew