Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:53:24 -0400
"ANY FERRET BITE OR NIP IS IMMEDIATELY EUTHANIZED AND TESTED FOR RABIES"

That is what I was told last month.  I always thought Ontario was ferret
friendly.  To my suprise, I guess not.  I took it upon myself to get to the
bottom of this and find out why.  I was told that ferrets were wild animals
and that they were vicious.  that made me hoppin' mad!!

I called the head of the Ministry of health a Dr. Le Bar DVM.  After a
painfully long conversation with him, he agreed that ferrets were not wild
and put through a quarantine period for ferrets.  However Ontario, the fight
is not over.  The quarantine is 30 days and if your fuzzy were to bite
someone in the face of neck "off with their heads"

So, please people, be careful with your babies and lets band together to get
this awful thing changed!!  E-mail me for info on how you can help!!

The Ferret Aid Society of Toronto  (Randy)