From:
Nemecheks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:42:55 -0500
I wanted to tell you guys on the FML that I called the Judges voicemail,
and this is the message I left him.

I just wanted to leave you a message judge, to tell tell you my thoughts
on case number 001601083.  It's sad to think you would let off what Jen
morrison did to those poor animals with a skimpy fine and some probabtion.
Really, anyone can pay a 500 fine, even welfare receipants could.  In
fact, she's already back on an Ferret email list, talking about how
excited she is to buy that new dogde she's been eyeing.  Yeah, the 500
bucks hit her hard...NOT!  Your ruling will not stop her, all it will do
is teach her how to not get caught next time.  I truely belive that will
your lax ruling you gave her, you or another judge, will see her again in
your court room, probabaly for the same thing.  It's sad to think that
you only think a Pet's life is worth 1.92.  Which is what the fines
evened out to be per ferret.  Too bad the wonderful people who stepped in
to care for the ferrets don't get that kind of deal.  They are already
swimming in vet bills to save these pets' lifes.  I would think the least
you would have done is make her pay the vet bills for these ferrets.  I
bet even Judge Judy would have made her do that, what's up with you?

I hope that it helps.  Maybe not this time, but next time something like
this happens, maybe the fine will be stiffer!!