From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:16:07 -0400
I have to agree with Danee: people who ask for money too often do
themselves more harm than good.  People DO get in the habit of skipping
certain people's posts.  (Heck, I know there are those who skip mine
and I know it happens to every regular poster and to every category of
posts -- depending on the reader.)

When a person continues on the same topic over and over, whether it is
"I hate such and such." or "Please, send money." more and more people get
in the habit of skipping that person's posts.

Except when there is a mammoth sudden need (like the legal seizures from
a major abuser which hold attention for multiple reasons) I think that
those who post more than once every 3 or 4 weeks actually inadvertently
train people to ignore their posts by posting over and over week after
week, and they become their own worst enemies for getting help.