From:
Donna Sliger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:15:04 -0500
You're right, dearie!  I remember when the FML was more fun to read...!
Well, here we go with the fun our 9-month-old Daxter has given us...He
got into a lower kitchen cabinet and scattered instant potato flakes
everywhere, so we had to tie it shut to keep him out.  He still attempts
getting in, though..He got into a large sack of wild bird seed in the
laundry room and got it all over the floor.  What fun he had!  (And what
a MESS I had to sweep up!)..He loves to scamper backwards at us when we
enter the room as if to challenge us to a wrestling match...He folows the
vaccum cleaner when I'm running it, and the dustbuster too.  He jumps
into the trash cans and out as fast as he can when he hears my son scold
him.  (He knows that's a no-no, but does it anyway!)

He loves to play with my daughter's dachsund, Spencer, and has been tag
teamed recently by my neighbor's 7-wee-old puppies when my son brought
two of them over last week.  He held his own quite well until they tried
to play tug-a-war with him as the rope, so we rescued him and thus ended
the frolicking.....He was out of his cage one day when my other son
brought his big lab through the house but my son didn't know it, so he
just let the dog in the room where the furbie was and instead of being
intimidated, Daxter jumped out and nipped the dog's leg....My son grabbed
Daxter and tossed him across the room into my grandson's lap and pushed
the lab out the back door a.s.a.p.!  (First time anyone had ever seen a
ferret fly) ....My daughter-in-law brought helium balloons for a family
party and they were on the ground the next day, so Daxter tried pulling
them under the couch, but ended up having to attack and pop each one
before he could get them to fit, and was quite dissappointed when I took
them away.  He hid my daughter's sandal while she was watching tv, and
when he got her other one and she scolded him, he took off down the hall
with it, making her have to chase after him, and then he scampered
playfully backwards when she scolded him...He is so cute when I give him
treats and he scampers off to hide them (only for them to be found and
eaten by the dogs when Dax is asleep in his cage)....He gives me kisses
on my earlobes when I take him out of his cage to exercise.  It tickles
and is so cute....!

 ..Okay, I'll have to stop for now or I could go on forever.  I hope this
has made us all grin a bit more!

Keep the fun coming!

-Donna