From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:45:49 -0400
I don't know Dr. Kemmerer(probably butchered her name, sorry) but in my
opinion, unfortuantely, she's got a good point.  There are probably
otherwise good homes who have inverterate carpet diggers who just can't
tolerate it (they rent etc.) Do I agree with declawing?  NO.  I have a
friend with a declawed rescue though who does fine.  Declawing is one of
those extreme sort of things that fall in that grey area like debarking.  I
cant stand debarking but if I'd tried absolutely EVERYTHING else and it
was between that and rehoming (and I'm a good home if I do say so myself)
I'd consider it.

Mary, Giesela, Boris and Booker the dog