From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:38:14 -0400
You know that psst-psst-psst sound that some people make at cats (but
which so many cats seem to not like unless trained to associate it with
something good)? Have you ever noticed that from a distance a voice on
someone else's telephone call can sound like that?

Okay, yesterday Steve was having a phone call and in the same room
there was just the murmur of other voices but then I began hearing
"psst-psst-psst" from another room.

Now you expect to read that a ferret had knocked a phone from its
cradle and was listening in, and so would I, but that wasn't what I
found.

Hilbert was laying on the kitchen floor near the doorway, listening,
and it turns out that from the kitchen that murmur became "psst-psst-
psst". Each time he heard "psst-psst-psst" from Steve's phone call in
the other room he lifted his little head and imitated it: "psst-psst-
psst". Silly ferret.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: