From:
GOODLILBUD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:52:17 EST
Well, I took a day off from the FML yesterday to reflect on just what is
going on here.  We still do not know what is wrong with him, but I am happy
to report Bubba continues to improve.  I still would like to know what has
been and what is happening.

Monday night Bubba ate a little Hamburger.  I then went to the store and
bought as many different canned cat and dog foods as I could afford and
tried them all, one by one to see if Bubba would eat it.  No such luck.  He
hates my duck soup.  As it turns out, he is quite happy with pureed Totally
Ferret in a delectable sauce of water, pedialyte and Timmy's Tonic.  He has
been lapping it eagerly since this morning.

Last night I allowed Bubba's brother Templeton to visit.  They appeared glad
to see each other so I let Templeton stay in Bubba's cage over night.  I
have to separate them during the day so I can monitor who is eating what.

Even though Bubba is showing marked improvement, I am still afraid to
breathe a sigh of relief.  He is making no attempts to use his back end and
he still has a big beer belly.  We go back to the vet tomorrow, and, if I
have the go ahead, I may start hydrotherapy Friday.  I received many posts
on how an ambulatorily challanged ferret can live without being deprived.
Be rest assured, his physical status is not important to us as long as he is
happy.  In fact, my husband is designing a "buggy" for his back end so he
can blast through the house with the greatest of ease.

Please continue to pray for little Bubba's recovery.

Kathy