From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 20:23:55 -0400
My disclaimer - I am not associated with either catalog and provide this for
informational purposes only.

That being said...Ferret Outfitters is HUGELY overcharging ferret lovers!  I
just received my new spring catalog and was shocked to see the MidWest
Ferret Playpen for $229 when another catalog "Dog Outfitter" has the same
cage, same maker for $115.99 plus shipping and handling.  I understand the
concept of mark-up but this seems extreme.  In addition, the FO cage does
not specify that it comes with a hammock while the other does.

After further investigation it appears that prices for the other things
carried by The Dog Outfitter were costing almost twice the amount in the
Ferret Outfitter.

If anyone is interested The Dog Outfitter's number is 800-367-3647.

Thanks for letting me gripe.

Melissa
Meeko ("The Princess")
Percy ("The Fly Boy")