From:
Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 23:22:43 -0600
Just a question about my lil ferrets, though I don't think there's any
reason to worry.  Both Rocko and Randall are shedding.  They shed before,
and got their winter coats.  I can't figure out why they might be shedding
now, though - it hasn't been terribly warm or light out here.  Their diet
hasn't changed, although they did get into the hamster food and spread it
everywhere - I tried to pick it all up, but keep finding more, and seeing
some in their feces.  They have been eating their ferret food, though.
The fur seems to be shed from all over their bodies, and not any one
area.  It hasn't been going on for too long - maybe a week - so their
fur doesn't seem abnormally thin or anything, either.

Thanks for any help.

Hugs to your furries,
Denise, plus Rocko and Randall (9 mo. old sable males),
   and Grumpy (1.5 yr old teddy bear hamster)