From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:52:20 -0600
I recently ran into a disturbing situation.  I went into a local pershop to
buy some food and some ferretone and while there decided to look at their
kits.  They had two or three mostly grown kits in a 1 foot by 1 foot by 2
foot _glass_ cage.  The bottom of the cage had only brown paper and a bowlk
of somethingthat I guess was supposed to be food.  No litter.  No toys.  The
ferrets weren't moving.  They looked sicks.  And here's the kicker.  I'm
almost certain they had ECE.  There was big blobs of green slimy diarhera
studded with something that looked like birdseed scattered around the cage.
I immediately went to the cashier who appearently didn't know anything about
animals.  She told me to talk to some other woman.  i talked to her, she
looked at me strangely and said I had to talk to some other guy.  i went up
to him.  He was talking to another employee about fish and how sometimes he
has to overcrowd the tank.  I tried to get his attention for about 10
minutes.  He completely ignored me.  (I'm a 6' 3" 320 pound guy.  He saw
me.) He woiuldn't even acknowledge my existance.  So I left, after telling
the cashier that I would never shop there again and why.

I've tried to contact theCentral Illinois Ferret Freinds, but their number
(as listed in the STARs database) was disconnected.  Now I'm wondering who
else I should contact.  The name of the petshop is the Sailfin Petshop in
Champaign, IL on Neil St.  Don't go there if you want to buy any mammals.
That place broke my heart.

Bear