Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:33:29 -0400
Hi ........ been quite some time since i've posted to the list ........
get really tired of people being rude because their opinion clashes with
someone elses.

Someone please help me ......... how exactly do you find out a ferret is
right for you?  I did my research on ferrets before i went and got my
first ferret ........ and hey it worked out for me ........ and i cannot
imagine living without my fuzzy babies.  So what about those that do
their research and think hey, i think a ferret is right for me and it
turns out ............. for whatever reason, that they are not a ferret
person ........ so what are they to do?  Are they supposed to keep the
ferret and have a very unhappy ferret or do they try and find a good home
for the baby or take them to an already over run shelter or a local
humane society or spca .......... or worse abandon it, like my piggy boy
was abandoned at a local motel and i had to go find him.  Sometimes even
with research, you won't know if something is right unless you actually
go and do it.

My opinion is to try and find a good loving home for their baby (and need
to be commended for being smart enough and caring enough to know that
they need to find their ferret a new loving home) ........ and those that
try to find loving homes should be commended for caring enough to do
so.  With all the negative posts to the list about people trying to have
their ferrets adopted by loving caring folks ........ how many out there
are not going to want post to the list to try and have their ferrets
adopted ........ for fear of being flamed for trying to do the right
thing.  So what happens with these ferrets?  Do they wind up in shelters?
Do they wind up being caged 24/7 and emotionally neglected?

You don't know exactly what's going on unless you are in the persons
shoes .......

On a side note ........ I thought that nettiquette was that you do not
post private emails?

Pooh

[Moderator's note: Private e-mails aren't posted without permission, at
least if I catch them, and I usually do.  (If I don't recognize a quote
I'll search past FMLs for it.)  BIG]