From:
adwyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:55:05 CST
Ok here goes, third times a charm right Big?  At least this time Im saving
a draft.  [Moderator's note: Right -- two previous posts were blank.  BIG]

Roulette's update.  Roulette is much better although I think he has
allergies.  Something in his eyes made me disbelieve that he only had a 30%
chance of living.  I was sure that a ferret who could throw med. like he
did still had strength.  I would like to see him fatter, but he is more
playful than ever.  He was a ferret that didn't like any treats but
ferretone, now he likes other treats.  He never would eat duck soup.  He
liked baby food lamb and chicken and baby rice.

I adopted a one year old boy named Charlie Brown.  He seems sad.  He was
loved but I don't think he got much free running.  He had never been
outside so his third night with me he got to go with me to take my son to
drum lessons and he got to play in the leaves while we were waiting.  He
was greeted by the other ferrets like this: Roulette tested him for a
pillow, Syber ignored him, Nikita kissed him and cleaned his ears, and Spaz
my gentle lady beat up on him, just like she did with Roulette at first.
Charlie seems a bit overwhelmed with the others.  He had a cage mate but
they gave her away before him.  Said he didn't seem to miss her?  He seemed
so sad that I let him meet the others a little sooner than most.  He sleeps
near Roulette.  At first he seemed afraid of my teenage son.  I think
because his previous owner had a teenage brother that wasn't impressed by
him.  Now he seeks my son out!  I have 5 cages connected together so all
the ferrets can have their space if they want it.  Today I had to work but
my husband and son where home.  Apparently Nikita thinks that if they are
home she should be out!  She threw a terrible fit in the cage.  Wood stove
pellets were all over they place!  Spaz climbed up my husband's chair and
then waited for him to come give her hugs and kisses.

Funny the dogs and cats have never been allowed in his chair.  I had to
promise no more new animals.  I don't think my husband believes me.

Have a happy holiday.

PS Digital camera's are great for what some may think are gross little
   secrets!
Angela, Spaz(mom never knew what a witch I could be),
Syber(another ferret?  just don't touch the shoes they're mine!),
Roulette(The girls have kicked me out of the hammock and I don't know why?),
Nikita(oh boy someone new to play with and he has new toys),
Charlie Brown(What have I gotten myself into?)