From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:03:51 -0500
So I was just putting clean sheets on my bed, which is a futon mattress
on the floor.  I go to spread out the bottom sheet, and what do I find
underneath it but a wildly wardancing Illura.  I say loudly, "Oh my, all
this bedmaking to do, all by myself!  I sure wish I had some naughty little
ferrets to help me!" Lola comes hopping over to see what all the commotion
is about, and sees a little Illura-lump sliding around under the sheet.
With me still shaking the sheet out over the bed, Lola jumps around on top
of it trying to catch Illura who is underneath, wardancing so frantically
she keeps falling off her feet.  If any of you ever played with a parachute
in grade-school gym class, specifically the cat-and-mouse game, that's
kinda what it was like.  They loved it, they were going absolutely nuts!
Right now as I write this, Illura is on the bed again dooking for Lola to
come chase her.  Oops, now they've swiched, and Lola's underneath with
Illura chasing her.  To whoever was asking about homemade toys/games, try
this one out!

Rachel and Illura and Lola the dooking bedmonsters!

p.s.  It turned out Lola has an upper respiratory infection (the eye thing
I wrote about a week or so ago), and is currently on amoxicillin and
recovering very well.  It also turned out, unrelatedly, that both ferrets
had ear mites, so they're on drops for that now too.  Thanks to everyone
who wrote back about Lola's eye!