From:
Jamie Irwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:20:52 -0400
Hi,

I need some help for a ferret that I have never met.  I don't know
particulars or even if it is a boy or a girl.  I got a call this morning
from a friend that is a realtor who ran into a person this weekend who
is giving away a ferret.  This man also ownes a Chinchila, but wants a
$100.00 dollars for it.  He doesn't really care about the ferret so he
will give it away for free.

My first thought is "wait I have 5 ferts now, and I can't afford another
anytime soon", my second thought is "What the #@*& is this person doing,
of course I will take it for a little while, just so I know the ferret
will find a good home".  Now here is where I need help.  I have called
my local shelter "Richmond Ferret Rescue League" and I have left them a
message.  I will definatley take the ferret for a little while until we
can get him/her a new home.  I live in Richmond, VA and I will be willing
to travel a couple of hours outside the area to get this little fur kid a
home.  If any shelter nows of a person in the area that has called and is
too far away from that shelter, but is close to me, could you please let
me know.  I will also "foster" this ferret for a shelter in my area that
would be able to screen potential adopters.  I hope some one can help me
and this poor little ferret.

Thanks,
Jamie

[A later P.S.:]
I have found out that this is an elderly man whos wife has just passed.
He doesn't have time to take care of the ferret or the chinchila.  I have
also been able to talk to my husband who has put his foot down.  I can't
say I blame him, with 3 dogs, 4 cats and 5 ferts we just really don't
have the room or Money for anyone else.  I have sent that man a message
stating that I am trying to find the ferret a home.  So, please let me
know.

Thanks again,
Jamie