From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:48:43 -0500
Georgia, if you've got several wires you want to protect from your
computing equipment running to a power strip, you can get flexible, ribbed,
plastic conduit with a slit down one side from computer stores or the local
Radio Shack pretty inexpensively.  Some versions even snap together down
the cut edges once stuffed with wires, though some have stiff enough
plastic and the edges meet well enough that the locking feature isn't
really necessary.  The manufacturers that I have seen stocked locally are
quite a bit more sturdy than the shower rod covers I've seen locally.  If
I was to use the shower rod cover I have to protect cords, my ferrets would
snicker in derision as they dug the wires right out of it!  We do use some
of the rigid cord covers that were describe on list to protect phone and
network cabling that we had to run through a room and its walls to another
room where we couldn't get into the attic to run inside the walls.  It is
very neat, unobtrusive, and has not been defeated by the ferrets.  I don't
think they even notice it.  However it would be too small for comuputer
power cables.

Debra in Fort Worth