Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:42:38 EDT
>Any suggestions on how to make the switch easier for the ferrets?
>Any advice on using wood pellets?  Are there certain kinds that are
>bad?  Good?

None of mine seemed to care at all.  Expect digging for a few days.
Unless you intend to dump the box daily, you'll need a litterscoop with
very small openings or solid.  Line the box with a thin layer only.  I
don't think brand matters, so long as they are unscented/unflavored.

>How long does a __ pound bag last you for your __ ferrets?

A 40 lb.  bag lasts about 3 weeks for my 20 ferrets, with 6 litter boxes
changed twice a day.

>We live in the Northeast; do we need to stock up for summer?  Will it go
>bad somehow?

Probably not.  The hardware store here carries it year-round.  As long as
it is kept dry, it will last.

Kara & 20 ferkids (and 2 foster ferts)