From:
Tracy Kilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:54:12 EST
HI,
I have had a lot of questions on the same topic from this post read and
then I will answer them!

[I] [log in to unmask] writes:
>I have decided to break the bank and get new Quarantine cages for our
>Quar. room.  These will be used to isolate-quaratine any new ferrets
>thought to be ill with something contagious for all of the NW if needed.
>
>...I am going to start a sponsor a ferret cage for those who would like
>to do good but just cant handle anymore ferrets but want to help!
>
>To sponsor a cage...
>$25 newsletter and picture of the ferret...
>$50 same as above but also a framed certificate...
>$100 all of the above along with brass plate with your sponsoring info...
>Well, tell me what you think of my Idea!...

OK The questions I have gotten.
1} how would this room help others people, pet stores, rescues?
OK to start say you are adding a new ferret to your home and you already
have some.  You can bring it over her have it quar. for 2 weeks so we can
see if there are any illnesses before you take that ferret into your home.
Same goes for petstores that get it sick ferrets as we have seen 2 times
in the last month or so.  And It will work for all rescues that don't have
a good quality quar. room.

2] Why would you want to help others when you are having a hard time and
have so many your self?
Simple answer for the ferrets sake!  The less illnesses out there the
better all fuzzies are.  No, this wont stop the problem but hopefully it
puts a dent in it.

3] How can you afford this?
Through the sponsor program and all ferrets brought will be asked to bring
there own food, litter and pay for supplies used.

4] What if someone cant pay due to hard times?
Again our sponsor program will help those who might usually just let there
ferret pass away because they have no place to turn to help their fuzzy.

OK I hope this has answered some of your questions if you have any other
questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Also If you would like to be a cage sponsor contact me so I can send you a
sponsor for.  Also send this to all the ferret people you know.  Ask what
they think of the idea!

Tracy Kilmer
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane