From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:59:00 -0600
agreed:

the only way to make the station sit up and pay attention is a letter
to the ADVERTISERS. Make it short and to the point - you don't have to
explain or go into details why, just write one sentence:

"Our extended family will no longer be using ANY of your products due
to your sponsorship of The Mike Tyson Show on the Discovery Chanel"
and be sure to CC AnimalPlanet.

Where they sent canned replies to your letters, now they will realize
they are being hit in the breadbox.

Oprah was interviewing Mike Vick to air this Thurs. She is an animal
lover and we couldn't believe she'd support a dog fighter but we made
such an uproar, Mike cancelled the interview - which we are wondering
why - if he was scared of the questions she would ask or if he was
threatened by the sponsors of the show but either way, the voice was
heard.

> <http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=145344>
>(Marjorie Kaplan, chief of DCN)
>
> http://corporate.discovery.com/leadership/marjorie-kaplan/