Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:45:24 GMT
I'm not sure who asked...

>It appears that one of the fuzzies (Nixon) may require surgery for an
>adrenal gland.  I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for Vet to
>do the surgery.  We live just outside of Boston, but for a good doctor
>we'll travel as far west as Worcester or even down to Cape Cod...

My ferret Cully had an adrenal gland removed at Angell Memorial in Jamaica
Plain by the surgeons there-- his regular vet at Angell Memorial is Dr.
Tracey Ritzman, whom I wholeheartedly recommend.  I don't believe she did
the surgery herself, but she sat in on the procedure, I think.  Cully and I
are super-happy with Dr. Ritzman, who really knows her stuff and is
sensitive to owner needs as well.  She's also got a great vet tech who love
ferrets too ;-) Price was within the reasonable range.  The only criticism
I would have of Angell is that paperwork and follow-up tends to be a bit
slow, but they're doing the best with what they have, and the on-the-spot
care is excellent, so I don't mind putting up with the occasional
inconvenience.

Regina and Cully ("yeah, for a person who sticks pointy things in me she's
ok I guess")

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round