From:
Holly Domanick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:40:14 EST
HI everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know about my angel Weasel.  It's been 4 1/2
weeks since her right adrenal surgery.  We went for bloodwork today.  It
looked good.  Her hair is starting to grow back on her belly.  She is
gettng .1cc pedipred for another week then everyother day 2 weeks.  She
has lots of energy and eats good.  She has gained 9 oz. since she has been
eating the chicken gravy.  Today she weighed in at 1 lb. 14 oz.

Now for my question.  She is getting fat lumps(?) in her neck above her
shoulderblades.  Is this normal with weight gain?  It's a squishy feeling
lump not hard and moves easily.  The vet felt it today and said it feels
like fat.  She wants me to watch her close and if it gets bigger in the
next two months she will do a needle biopsie(sp?).  My male is 3 1/2 lbs.
He has a small amount of fat in the same area.  Has anyone else had this
problem?  All three of my fur kids have been getting colds over the last
month.  They just finished the last of their bactrim today.  I have been
mixing their meds with nutrical everytime.  Could this be the problem?

Weasel and Rascal also have been sounding like they have a dry mouth or
throat at night sometimes.  I guess thats the best way to describe it.  I
am going to start using a vaporizer more at night to see if that helps.
We have coal heat and my throat gets dry too.  They get plenty of water.
If I hear them sounding dry at night I get up and give them water from my
fingertips.  Thats the way they like it sometimes(no they aren't spoiled ha
ha) so they don't have to crawl out of their warm bed.  I am the only one
tht has to.  I am their personal slave and love it.  I don't know if I just
worry to much.  If anyone has had these problems please let me know.

Thank you.
Eileen,
Weasel, Rascal, R.J.