From:
"Jo Fowler, Shelter Operator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:14:11 EDT
Hi all~

Luv of Ferrets Frolic 1st Frolic is now an event of the past but what an
event!  HUGE SUCCESS!!!!!!!

The shelter fuzzies are still in awe of the wonderful support and enthusiasm
of all those that attended and those that helped orchestrate this fun time
which they are the beneficiaries of.

A very extra special thanks from the shelter mom goes to everyone involved,
especially Linda Brabant the director of the Senior Center - who was so
extremely "ferret friendly" - to Brother Jean Viel, O.S.F who blessed the
ferrets and their human caretakers - to Laurie Gormley who did an awesome
job behind the camera.  This was Laurie's first exclusive ferret event.
The results that she instantly produced were so special it was difficult
to choose which was the "perfect" shot to have a print made of.  Tara from
Rep.  Miceli's staff who took time in her day to judge the "Pinkest Nose"
contest.  And of course the ferrets and their shelter folk cannot give
enough thanks to the two extra special friends of the shelter - Linda
Market and Tom DeNitto who judged the Classes.  Theirs was a difficult
task because so many awesome fuzz butts were in contention for placement.

To all of the very special friends of the shelter who put in tireless
effort we could not have accomplished this fun time without you and of
course to a young woman, Nancy Wilder who has been the shelter mom's right
arm since our first meeting so many years ago - who even enticed her sister
Mindy (who is a gourmet cook) to take charge of the kitchen - the ferrets
dooked for you.  Amy Robbin who's idea it was to hold this event only 3
months ago.  Who would have thought we would have had this successful
response in such a short time?  The ferrets still can't get over it not to
mention their shelter mom.

I can go on and on mentioning and thanking everyone who gave their effort
for our Frolic but I will thank you all shortly in a note.

Now it is time to get back to "normal life" scooping litter pans and
playing with the fuzzies not to mention answering the phone - only shelter
folks can't relate to that ;-).

Dooks & hugs to all the fuzzies~

Jo
Shelter Mom