From:
Lisa Ferret mom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:00:40 -0800
>From: Shawn Richardson
>Subject: WHERE TO GET CHEAP YESTERDAY'S NEWS?
>
>I use Yesterday's News recycled newspaper for my six
>not-so-angelic-at-times furries.  I buy at least 60 pounds at a time
>from Petsmart via the internet.  I pay $49.97 for the 60 pounds.  I know
>this is cheaper than the Ferret Store, but is there anywhere cheaper?...

You pay HOW MUCH????  Do you have an actual Petsmart store near you?  If
you do, go to the CAT department.  Earlier this year they changed the
formula so it is now small pieces.  I only pay around $12 for approx a
40lb bag!

>... I have had difficulty on another level with Petsmart.  Where has
>great customer service gone?  ...

As far as Petsmart.com - they have undergone a lot of changes in the last
year.  Last summer(2001) I actually interviewed for a job with them, as
the bulk of their operations were done about 20 minutes from my home in
Brockport, NY (they were actually right accross the street from our
wonderful vet, Dr. Edwards).  With the fall of the dot coms, Petsmart
Direct has also felt the crunch.  My understanding is that they have
pulled most of their operations from NY and moved them to I beleive
Colorado.  So, given the circumstances, it is reasonable to expect
that some customer service was comprimised in the process.

Lisa
Trickster (Stinky), Pepper, Mitsy and Pristine

I wish I were a Teddy Bear - Everybody loves them!  Nobody cares how fat
the are!  The older they get, the more they're worth!