From:
Lily Poulin-Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:22:07 -0400
I am in desperate need of help and you might be my last hope.  My two
female ferrets Rose and Tiffany have been living happily together for two
years.  They share a large cage, sleep together etc.  Two weeks ago, Rose
had adrenal gland surgery.  Because she would be unable to climb to her
hammock, I gave her a cage to herself to recuperate.  As soon as she was
well enough to walk around her cage, she developed EXTREME aggression
towards Tiffany to a point where they can't be in any contact whatsoever.
Her behavior seems very abnormal.  I switched their blankets around.  I
had them exchange cages but to no avail.  It is frightening.  If in near
proximity, Rose attempts to kill Tiffany and I am not exaggerating.  I do
not recognize her.  She is not in pain anymore, she can climb and run so
that is not the reason.  If I am unable to solve this problem, it would
break my heart but I might have to give Rose or Tiffany up.  Do you have
any explanation or solutions?  Have you ever heard of anything like that?
Her aggression seems to be towards Tiffany only, not us.  She has never
bit us.  Your help or suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Thank you so much -  Lily Poulin-Gill  ( [log in to unmask] )