From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:29:40 -0800
AS my parents are lawyers, I thought I'd also help bring to light some
legal aspects to this case.  The type of charge "Cruelty to Animals" is
almost never prosecuted as a stand alone case.  There are far too many
cases of murder, robbery, larceny, rape... for a DA department handle in
year as it is.  The "Cruelty to Animals" would only be prosecuted if their
was in fact numerous acts (far more then two animals) or the DA wanted to
shotgun prosecute a person (I.E.  use numerous counts against a felon in
the hopes that the felon would plead to a couple of the counts).  To
prosecute a person for a $1000 fine would cost several thousand as well.
Lets not forget that Tyson has far too much money to defend himself with
too.

Now is this fare?  No, not at all.

[JA]