From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:08:32 -0700
Well, I went out to Ms. Nancy Mitchell's house yesterday to get my
critter fix. She has quite a few oldsters, including the ferrets, dog,
cat, and horses. In my next life, I think I would like to be one of
her animals:-)

Roger and Dodger (the ferrets) are fairly old at this point. They came
in as rescues, after Nancy said "no more" and her wonderful husband saw
them in the Denver Dumb Friends League and pled their case. When I saw
them the first time they were bouncing all over the place and oh so
happy to have a forever home. They have slowed down considerably, still
have free range of the entire house, but now it's a little harder to
navigate with legs that don't always work, and BG levels that are hard
to keep steady. Surgery has helped, but only a temporary reprieve.
This, however, is the kind of old folks home I want to go to- those
ferrets sure love their mom!!! They don't mind having visitors either-
kisses for all, although they do tire easily now. They know they are
loved.

The cat is a Daddy's girl and sure plays that card to it's fullest.
She gets everything her little cat heart could want. You should see
the kitchen counter filled with bags of animal treats.....

The dogs' have wonderful personalities as well. A new one has joined
the pack, looking to be a possible Border/Aussie cross. Maybe a dump-
certainly no one was in a hurry to get him back. He showed up one day,
and has become a Daddy's dog. He is friends with the 15 yr oldster
pointer. She has a tumour on her face which is being removed tomorrow.
All Major Medical covered in this household:-)))

Lastly, aside from the working horses, we have a very old mare who
gets to do exactly as she pleases out in the pasture. She is also
very sweet, and gets 5 star treatment. Fly sheeting, boots, the best
mash.....

Nancy -- Please don't ever give up on keeping ferrets, you are such an
excellent home, and thank you for the opportunity to come to your home
and share these animals with you.......

Gerri and crew.....
 .....Because Nice matters.