Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:37:17 PST

and then a few messages later, Stephen Ross wrote:
>For xmas this year our beasties wil get: 1 whole well-washed lemon for
>Pepper.  she loves to roll it around and claw at it...

Our Gracie (RIP) was also a citrus fan.  I think they like the strong
scents.  We had her at a party where a friend was making pomanders
(studding oranges with cloves) and Gracie just flipped.  she wanted to dive
into the basket with all the interesting smells & just rummage in it
endlessly.  Conveniently this was a friend who understood that "what the
ferret wants, the ferret gets" ;-> so it was OK.  Lucky for us, Gracie was
not interested in eating the cloves, just smelling them, so no intestinal
blockage concerns :->

She took a few chunks out of some of the oranges, and didn't have any
adverse reactions, but that's certainly not to say that orange oil might
not cause problems for another persons ferret or in larger quantities.

I do know that some of the "FleaBuster" companies that come in & de-flea
your house for a year & claim their product is totally harmless to your
pets use a citrus based product, so I suspect that this is not a high risk
item.  (I'd be more worried about them ingesting the seeds.)

I really miss my baby girl, so thanks to the FML for allowing me to enjoy
all your fuzzies antics, until we're ready to adopt a new one.
Eden