From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:22:57 -0400
>From:    Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I know this may be a touchy subject, however I also know that the good
>shelters out there have set priorities, in most cases the rescue ferrets
>take priority over babies, and breeding....don't they?

Many breeders also do rescue.  Rescues being ferrets turned into them vs,
ferrets they adopted from the breeder and can nolonger keep and retired
breeders being placed for adoption.

It is a matter of finances and space.  Only the breeder or shelter can
answer those questions.

I used to breed and take in rescues.  I still took in rescues after I
stopped breeding.  I finally had to start referring people to the local
shelters.  Now all I do is work with biters and get them ready for
adoption.

KG