From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:39:02 -0700
Well, perhaps evil is too strong a word, but it has taken me a few days
to get all the ferts so they don't jump/flinch on being picked up, and
I am going to have to retrain Mr Rico who's biting again. Also Eric --
he seems to be mostly over it, but wow did he get into the
hang-on-tight bite the first couple of days I was back here.

I think the guy didn't do anything mean, but I think he just grabbed
them up when he wanted to clean their cage -- not very often, I would
say by the way it smelled, but he said he did it every day. OK, so he
isn't into careful cleaning.

His technique was to put them in one of their outdoor pens and lock
them in there while he worked. OK, I can see that as a reasonable
approach. Yes, quite reasnable. But then he decided they were lazy
because they stayed in their cage instead of using their pens (we
are talking daytime, not the magic crepuscular hours). So he left
them there most of the day. He was giving the cat medicine twice a
day, so he let them back in at the time of the second dose. So, well,
ok, they are all healthy, and none of them are traumatized. OK. Not
evil. Just just-adequate.

I sure wish there were a ferret community around here....