From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:05:05 -0800
Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to everyone who replied to my question about shelters in
western MA.  And now let me announce that I have two newly adopted ferrets
that i found completely by accident at the local humane society here in
Pittsfield!  Someone mentioned that they had seen an advertisement in the
paper weeks ago and wasn't sure if they were still there, but I checked it
out and sure enough, there they were!  I wasn't sure if I was ready for a
new baby yet, let alone two, but as soon as I saw them I knew that answer.
They are a male and a female, one is a year old and one 2 1/2 but no one
is sure which is which.  They came with a huge Super Pet cage that has
tubes attached to it, so the problem of housing three ferrets was
instantly solved.  The Humane Society pays for a health exam and any meds
needed, so all I'm paying for (this time around, anyway) is the shots
themselves.  I haven't let them out with Lola yet and they're still in a
separate cage, since I want to make sure they're healthy, but the three
of them are going nuts trying to get at each other!  The one problem I'm
having is names.  They came with the names Hunter and Rocky-- I'm honestly
not sure who was who-- but those don't fit them at all.  I'm thinking
Sebastian for the big bouncy silver-mitt boy, but I'm stuck for the
little girl.  She's a very light sable-- I think the color is officially
champagne?-- and very pretty, so maybe some kind of flower?  I don't know.
The one thing the folks at the shelter said was they WOULD NOT use a
litter box, that they had tried everything with no luck.  I really wonder
what "everything" means, because I put a box in the cage and they use it.
Not that this is a problem!  I'll end this now, sorry to ramble on so much
but I'm so excited I was able to give these two a home!  Thanks again to
everyone who replied.

Rachel, Lola, and her new brother and sister!

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits