From:
Steven Possehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 13:12:21 +0600
>P.S.  I don't know how long you have had your fuzzy, but I believe that
>your body does build a slight immunity over time.  I know that my
>allergies to the family pets are much worse now that I don't live at home.

I would tend to agree that your body will build up an immunity.  I had at
least one cat living with me for the 18 years before i went to college.  I
was allergic to cats the entire time but it didn't really bother me.  Every
once and a while, my /-allergies would act up.( i had a stuffy nose just
about all of the time, but only occasionally would i have bad asthma attacks
that were a problem.)  I survived, and i wasn't really uncomfortable.  But
went i went away to school and then came back on breaks, i couldn't even
walk into the house without my allergies becoming a big problem.  I don't
even go home more than once a year, it's become such a problem.  These were
the same cats so it must have been an immunity.  I just got my first ferret
last week so the jury is still out on whether or not i'm allergic to ferrets
also.  This was meant to be encouraging, i'll admit it probably doesn't
sound like it,  but living with an allergy isn't that bad in my experience.