From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:47:29 -0500
Heather writes
>Just wanted to throw in my recollection of one time reading something in
>Modern Ferret about a ferret named Phoenix who was blamed for attcking
>a small child.
>it turned out that the baby had been bitten over and over on the
>face, hands, and arms by RATS, not the ferret

Actually, there was no proof one way or the other whether it was the
ferret or a rat, though rats would have certainly found that home an
attractive place to live.  Fortunately, the authorities had no interest
in prosecuting the ferret.  They went after the parents for child neglect.
Phoenix was quarantined for 10 days then placed with Jean of Ferrets
Unlimited in Cleveland.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH