From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:58:40 -0500
Clan McFarlane calls off war

I'm going to 'do this straight' for now.  On Sunday Diane Taylor lost her
elder ferrets, Bear and Tourette-brother and sister, within hours of each
other.  Bear went into screaming seizures, and Diane had to rush him to
the vet, along with Krackin, who'd developed a serious prolapse that
required emergency surgery.  Bear passed before the vet arrived, but knew
he was in his mother's arm.  Krackin had his surgery, the vet kept him,
telling Diane that he would be put on a special diet to control his
diarrhea.  Upon returning home Diane found Bear's sister, Tourette,
comatose and unresponsive.  Tourette was in advanced adrenal stages and
Diane had been working on the surgery for her, but had not acted ill at
all.  Both were 7 1/2 years old, and Tourette left her later that night,
to join her brother Bear.

Krackin was kept two days at the vets, and Diane got him home yesterday.
The vet told her that he had Irritable Bowel Syndrome and they had put
him on a special diet.  He was already thin, but when she went to get him
he'd lost even more weight, weight he could not afford to lose.  Food had
been put in front of him, they hadn't made sure he'd eaten it, and
therefore he'd begun to starve himself.  Diane rushed him home and tried
to force duck soup and fluid down him to no avail.  Krackin McKrackin
went to the Bridge last night.  Diane is more than beside herself with
all of this within three days.  She has her other fur children around
her, trying to cope with this tremendous loss.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers while she deals with this
tragedy.  Sandee, I know Bear and Tourette are already there, and Krackin
joined them last night.  Please make sure they meet the rest of their
group who went before them, and the Rainbow Bridge coalition of the Crew
of Merry Mayhem, aka Clan McFarlane, I am sure, would be more than happy
to greet them also.

Until Diane wishes to return to the silliness we started I will suspend
my postings of the McKrackin-McFarlane Clan ferrets.  Again, please keep
her in your thoughts and prayers.

Rebecca & the sorrowing Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and =
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"