From:
Chris & Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 08:08:05 -0800
Hello!

I am looking for information from people on this list that either run
petstores, work at petstores, or just even visit petstores often.  I am
writing the fourth of a series of informational pamphlets that I distribute,
and I could use some input on this one.  This particular pamphlet is
tenatively titled the ferret faq for petstore owners and employees.  I am
hoping to put information in this that will be useful to petstores, and that
perhaps will convince them to take better care of their ferrets.  What I
need is information from you if you work at a petstore.  What are some of
the problems you face in taking care of the ferrets.  What are dos and
don'ts that you have implemented.  And if you don't work at a petstore, and
have seen certain things that need to be changed, and what you think might
work as an alternative, I would like to hear that too.  My goal is to get as
much information out to people about ferrets as possible.  Even if you have
technical information such as ordering information, product and ordering
information, average prices, and so on, it would be useful.  I will take
anything and everything.

If you would be interested in seeing any of my other pamphlets, or even
using them, please let me know.  I have done them with Parsons Technology,
so if you have that I would be happy to e-mail them to you.  If you don't,
if you would send me a long SASE and a letter saying who you are, be it
shelter, club, or individual, and why you would like a copy, I would be
happy to put your personal information in place of mine and send it back to
you in a photocopyable form.  Currently, my other three pamphlets are: an
abbreviated version of the ferret faq, which I have Pam Greene's permission
to publish, a pamphlet titled 'What is a ferret' going over some of the
myths about ferrets, and detailing what they are really like, and a pamphlet
titled 'Adopting a ferret', which goes over the pros and cons of adopting a
ferret.  All of these are in tri-fold form, and are easily photocopied for
free distribution at vet clinics and pet stores.  Of the ferret faq
pamphlet, I also have 2 different versions, one for vet clinics with shelter
info and suggested foods, and one for petstores without.  Also, if you
receive one of these pamphlets, and you have some suggestions for changes, I
would be happy to hear them, or if you publish a pamphlet of your own, I
would love to see it.

My address is:
Shelley Knudsen
Legion of Superferrets of Nebraska Ferret Shelter
614 N. Bellevue Avenue
Hastings, Nebraska  68901

Dooks and kisses to all your fuzzies!
Shelley