From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:42:27 -0500
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the quiet but I have been recouping from finals week and also
been taking the backhoe to the house to get ready for the first wave of
visitors from out of state.  I did manage to pull my grade up to a C in
algebra (I am very happy about this) and I made a good strong B on my
English final.  Wished I had done better but am statisfied.

For those that might be interested in drama and some wonderful discussions
on plays, one of my English classes is totally online.  Professor Bob has
us post everything to a list, and then all of our essay are posted also.
It is all archived, along with assignments (all witht their own web pages).
Dr. Bender is a wonderful man, and he teaches it along with his wife.  And
who knows, you may be seeing me on tape, the ITS came in to film Professor
Bob lecturing the other day.  (I call him that because it is hard to be
completely formal with someone who wears shorts and an panama hat to
class).  The link is: http://www.missouri.edu/~engbob/courses/370-98/

As for the company, Catherine Garcia's Mother (Miss Norma), her cute and
funny son Andy, and her cute and funny cousin Dennis dropped by on their
way to St.  Louis, with the moving van full of Miss Norma's stuff.  I
hauled them to the local pizza joint (the boys wanted to girl watch) and me
and Miss Norma watched the men.  hehe.  They all loved the fuzzies and Andy
decided I had some big assed ferrets.  hehe.

For you single girls out there, Andy is a Tom Cruise look alike.  Well, if
you can get over the baggy clothes.  He is a very sweet young man.  Of
course, of that I am not surprised considering what a good friend Catherine
is.  And we all know about her good work behind the scenes with the Utah
ferret trouble.

Soon Catherine and Luis will be here.  They are going to come and spend the
night, to check out Columbia.  They are seriously considering moving here.
I have tried to warn them off the place, but they seem to think Missouri is
a good place.  Must have something to do with Cath being raised here.

The ferrets are finally happy.  They have been up since yesterday (in their
room) so Mom could actually get ahead in the picking up poop department.  I
wanted to give the company a break, especially since Dennis is not used to
ferrets.  So as soon as the guests left, I let them out to poop everywhere.
And they did.

I cannot quite believe it, but William is even fatter.  His belly will
start rubbing the ground soon.  Harry is not catching up with him, but is
not light weight himself.

Everyone else has been running through the sneezies, including me.  Sigh.
And some nasty poop too.  Just them.  hehe.

Well, I am off to read the _Feminist Manifesto_ by Mina Loy.

hugs to all,

Mo' Maggie and her Maniac Mob of Mustelid Monkeys