From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:05:58 -0800
It's been over a week since Diamond had her surgery and came home.
She's getting Bob's Chicken Gravy twice a day and is showing much
improvement.

Monday, November 17, she gave us a scare. I was downstairs with the
ferrets and Rose was checking on Diamond. Rose came downstairs with
Diamond saying "I see pus". I must tell you, Rose has great eyes.
She can find fleas and ticks much better than I can so I trusted her
statement (I didn't see pus). I quick called Dr. Mike and we took her
in immediately.

Diamond wasn't crazy to see Dr. Mike again but she never once tried to
bite him. He found more dead muscle tissue so he said "Leave her with
me and come back in an hour." He put her under, clipped a few stitches,
removed dead tissue, cleaned the area and Rose picked her up and
brought her home with the reminder to Rose that Diamond like to watch
TV (House).

The last couple of days I've been putting her down on the floor and she
really scoots around. Last nite she reacted to my tickling her tummy.
She also used her good arm to push herself "up" to the food dish in
the kitchen .. it didn't last very long, but she did it. This morning
she was hopping a little bit and she actually tried to climb up on the
couch (she didn't get anywhere with that at all but, doggone it, she
tried).

Monday she goes in to get her stitches out.

We're still getting items together for Diamond's Raffle. Tentatively,
it will run the month of December. For some reason, my place of
employment is having a Craft & Bake Sale so I'm planning on having a
table of baked good to benefit Diamond.

Jack Smith has put Diamond's Story on my website:

www.westmichiganferretconnection.com

Thank you to those of you who have been so supportive of this little
girl's struggle. You have my heartfelt gratitude forever.

Meanwhile, the surrenders keep coming in. As of today, we have 64 and
all the cages are full.

Dee
WMFC