From:
James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:27:40 -0500
Has anybody ever heard of a ferret getting a "Keratinizing Epithezial Cyst"
in their mouths?  My vet initially thought it was a tumour (it was a whitish
bump on the roof of her mouth), but the lab report said it was this type of
cyst.  He said that it was unusual, since ferrets don't have keratin in the
tissue of their mouths, so he couldn't say if she would get more cysts of
this type.  Does anyone have any information on this?

ObCuteStory: It has been weeks since my ferrets caused any real trouble,
until this last weekend.  I had my cousin over on Saturday, and since both
of my critters seem to have an obsession with his feet, they had to stay in
my bedroom for the evening.  In four hours, they accomplished the following
acts of greatness: 1) Climbed the outside of their cage (3 story cat
playpen) and jumped to a set of shelves, where they proceeded to knock
everything on to the floor.  2) Jumped to my dresser from the shelves and
stole my house keys.  3) Climbed my guitar amplifier, jumped to the top of
my guitar case, jumped to another set of shelves and liberated foam-covered
(yikes!) pieces from a speaker stand, as well as a sample bag of shampoo and
a bottle of Linatone.  4) Unscrewed the top of the Linatone bottle and drank
THE WHOLE THING.

Earlier in the day, one of them figured out how to get into my couch for
the first time, and the other one tripped my cousin into my rubber tree,
trashing the plant and giving both fuzzies ten minutes of dirt-jumping fun
before we could clean it all up.

WE HAVE GOT TO PUT A STOP TO THIS FLO THING NOW!  There is no way these
two innocent little idiots came up with this stuff on their own!

Jimbo, Pace and Mia

PS.  I found out why ferrets shouldn't drink an entire bottle of Linatone.
I'll spare you the graphic details, but let's just say it ain't pretty.