From:
"harvey (h.c.) schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 13:00:02 -0600
My male ferret has been exhibiting typical mating behavior with my female.
Both ferrets are neutered.  I discussed the situation with my Vet, who
suggested that perhaps the male had not been properly (or thoroughly)
neutered.  I sent my male to the Vet for re-neutering.  When I went to
pick him up after surgery, I was told that his original neutering was
in fact complete.  The Vet had him under anesthetic for almost an hour
while she explored the area.  Could his adrenal gland be putting out
excessive testosterone, and if so, would it be a matter of concern
medically?  Also, I don't suppose there is anything I can do to change
his behavior, is there?