From:
Kim Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:40:15 -0500
Im very sad today and its taking everything Ive got to write this post but I
need to warn everyone about the dangers of lamps in your house.  My precious
little lady-love Tizzie was in a terrible accident this week when she and
Valentine were playiing in the den.  They liked to race down the couch
across the table on to the chair and back again over and over - nothing new -
they've probably done it a hundred times.  The small table holds a large
lamp that neither one of them could tip over (they tried).  Apparently one
of them decided to get down by way of that table instead of the couch as
usual - or maybe they fell, I dont know, I wasnt home and my husband was in
the bedroom.  Either way it seems one of them got hooked on the tablecloth
and the leverage was just enough to pull the lamp... and... tip... it...
over... right on top of Tizz.  Dustin heard horrific screaming and came in
to find them both under the heap.  Tizzie was still but wimpering and Val
seemed to be just shaken.  He checked Val over and put him in the condo and
out the door he went to get Tizzie help.  She was dead by the time he got to
the vet.  Mommies sweetie girl who gives me the mostest kisses, Miss Lizzie
who just that morning, couldnt leave my ankles alone "'cause I want YOU to
play with me Mommie".  And you know what?  I was late leaving for work
because I could never turn her down.

Please, PLEASE, look around your houses for lamps or other large objects
that may fall over.  Even if it doesnt seem possible and you know its too
heavy.  Logic doesnt mean a thing when you have ferrets to consider - we all
know that.  I dont own a recliner, why?  because they are a danger to my
ferrets.  I dont have plants, why?  because there is a slight chance the
could be harmful to my ferrets.  My inlaws have to sleep on the floor when
they visit, why?  because I have ferrets and I wont buy a sleeper sofa.  I
wouldnt have had a lamp on a table in my den if I had ever thought it could
harm my fuzzies but now its too late.  I dont want it to be too late for
anyone else.  I learn from other peoples mistakes all the time and today I
am sharing my fatal error with you.

I love you Tizaliz.  You shared my life for 7 joyous months and I would have
kept you forever.  Thank you Lord, for those precious extra few moments I
took that morning to tickle her and kiss her and tell her, for the
millioneth time, how much I loved her.

Thanks for listening everybody,
Kim Black and Valentine