From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:38:50 -0400
Sandee-

Please welcome Furry to the Rainbow Bridge.  He was our first ferret, and
he passed on Sunday, August 5.  He had been through a lot.  He had two
adrenal surgeries, and the dumb right adrenal grew back, so he was still
bald and had just recently gotten a shot of Lupron to help the symptoms.
He also had to have his urethra rerouted a few months ago because he had
a blockage from the prostate swelling.  He went through a lot and still
kept fighting.  His zest for life never left him.

On Sunday morning, he looked very bad, and I gave him some duck soup.  He
ate a small amount and ran around for 5 minutes.  He wouldn't eat any more,
so I put him back in with his friends, where he cuddled with them in the
hammock for two hours.  When I went to try to feed him at noon, he was
crying in pain when I took him out.  He then threw up what he had eaten
earlier.  He was grey and looked like "no one was home", except when he
moaned.

We rushed him to the emergency vet.  By the time we got there, his stomach
had swollen and he let out several whimpers.  He also threw up again.  As
near as we can figure, he had developed an ulcer right over a blood vessel
and it went through and he bled out.  There was nothing we could have done
to prevent or treat it.

Sandee--please direct him first to the tailor where he can get back the
beautiful coat that he had before the adrenals.  And find him some jills
that want a gentle and sweet lover.  Even when he was doing the nasty
because of the hormone surge, he always kissed their necks and was a
gentleman.  He was our first ferret, and will always have a special place
in our hearts.  We will miss him.

Melodyt and the elven eight
(missing Furry)